If you have questions about data protection, or if you have any requests for resolving issues with your personal data, we encourage you to primarily contact us through our website so we can reply to you more quickly.
Name of the controller: Michael Zhao, COO
Address: 6798 Lopez Canyon Way, San Diego, CA 92126
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which
that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed(anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
▪ Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender.
▪ Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address, and telephone numbers.
▪ Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
▪ Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
▪ Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
▪ Usage Data includes information about how you use Vimcal, its products, and the Services.
▪ Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Specifically, we do not collect or capture sensitive data such as credit or debit card numbers, personal financial account information, Social Security numbers, passport numbers, driver’s license numbers or similar identifiers, or employment, financial or health information. We hereby disclaims any liability for any such sensitive information that is input into Vimcal by the user.
We also do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data).Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, any information that is collected by Vimcal is almost entirely stored locally with you and in small part on Company services, primarily because we use Google’s and Microsoft's API as the source of truth. For example, your company information or personal contacts are not stored in our services, but only with you. When you log out from your Device, most of your data is erased.
We collect information from and about users of Vimcal:
▪ Directly from you when you provide it to us;
▪ Automatically when you use Vimcal; and
▪ Data we collect from our partners.
When you download, install, register with, access, or use Vimcal, we may ask you to provide information (a) by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, or any other personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law, and/or(b) that is about you but individually does not identify you.
This information includes, without limitation:
▪ Information that you provide by filling in forms on Vimcal. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use or access Vimcal. We may also ask you for information when you interact with us (such as when responding to notices and announcements from us), and when you report a problem with Vimcal or otherwise correspond with us;
▪ Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
▪ Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
▪ Details of transactions you carry out through Vimcal. You may be required to provide financial information before accessing Vimcal; however, this financial information will not be accessible to us as purchases and payments will be processed through a third-party payment processor(s); and
▪ Your search queries on Vimcal.
When you download, install, register with, access, and use Vimcal, it may use technology to automatically collect:
▪ Usage Details. When you access and use Vimcal, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of Vimcal, including traffic data, usage data, location data, logs, and other communication data and there sources that you access and use on or through Vimcal;
▪ Device Information. We may collect information about your internet connection and the Device through which you access Vimcal, including the Device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, device (including operating system) language; and
▪ Location Information. Vimcal may collect real-time information about the location of your Device. You can disable this function in the settings of your Device, but some parts of Vimcal may then not function properly.
We only cache a small percent of calendar invites for performance gains, with past events being routinely deleted on a daily basis.
You acknowledge and accept that Vimcal has certain content, features, functionality and/or services that are based on geolocation, location tracking, and geofencing which may also be collecting information on your use and access of Vimcal, including information on your surroundings and background. You can disable this function in the settings of your Device, but some parts of Vimcal may then not function properly.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download, install, register with, use or access Vimcal, or delete it from your Device.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
▪ Web Beacons. Parts of Vimcal and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Vimcal statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Vimcal content, features, functionality, and services, and verifying system and server integrity).
We also collect the following data from our partners:
▪ Demographic data (such as to determine the coarse location of your IP address);
▪ Data to fight fraud (such as refund abuse or click fraud);
▪ Data from platforms that Vimcal runs on (such as to verify payment); and
▪ Data for analytics purposes, so we can provide you with better services.
When you use or access Vimcal or its/their content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or yourDevice, or you may otherwise be accessing and using third-party platforms, software, and applications. These third parties may include, without limitation: media platforms and services; analytics companies; your Device manufacturer; your vendor.
8.1. To make Vimcal work.
To perform the contract, we process data necessary to:
▪ Create registered user accounts (“Accounts”) and allow you to use Vimcal, access its contents, features, functionality, and services, and to access or use our Site;
▪ Operate our services;
▪ Verify and confirm payments;
▪ At our discretion, provide and deliver products, services, and any other information you reasonably request;
▪ Send you Vimcal-related communications, such as when updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through Vimcal;
▪ Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information;
▪ Give you notices about your Account; and
▪ Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
8.2. To make Vimcal more suitable for our users.
To provide a great application and Site to our users, we have a legitimate interest to collect and process necessary data to:
▪ Update and develop user profiles;
▪ Develop and improve Vimcal and user experience;
▪ Manage our relationship with you;
▪ Provide features as part of Vimcal;
▪ Customize the Vimcal experience according to your interests, such as through storing information about your preferences and recognizing you when you use or access Vimcal;
▪ Respond to your comments and questions and provide user support;
▪ Provide you offers in Vimcal as well as in other websites and services, and by email;
▪ Send you related information, such as updates, security alerts, and support messages;
▪ Enable you to communicate with other users;
▪ Speed up your searches.
8.3. To keep Vimcal safe and fair.
In order to keep Vimcal and its social features safe and fair, to fight fraud and ensure acceptable use otherwise, we have a legitimate interest to process necessary data to:
▪ Analyze and monitor use of Vimcal and its social features;
▪ Take action against fraudulent or misbehaving users.
8.4. To analyze, profile, and segment.
In all of the above cases and purposes, we may analyze, profile, and segment all collected data, including for the purpose of estimating our audience size and usage patterns.
8.5. With your consent.
With your consent, which is implied herein, we may process your data for additional purposes, such as personalized tips to improve your experience.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
▪ To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
▪ To a buyer, investor, or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Vimcal Inc.’s assets or stock, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Vimcal Inc. about the Vimcal users is among the assets transferred;
▪ To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
▪ For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
▪ With your consent;
▪ To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, including in order to combat fraud and illegal activity;
▪ To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
▪ If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Vimcal Inc., our customers, users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
To enhance the security of Vimcal, we encrypt user tokens, API keys, and authentication cookies, both at rest and in transit. Additionally, authorization cookies are HTTP-only, and requests betweenUser and server are scoped to each individual user, so that User data is siloed.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through Vimcal. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
You have the right to:
▪ Opt-out of marketing emails and other direct marketing.
▪ Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a“data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
▪ Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
▪ Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
▪ Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
▪ Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
o If you want us to establish the data’s accuracy.
o Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
o Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
o You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
▪ Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
▪ Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. You can withdraw your consent, for example ,by turning off GPS location sharing in your Device settings.
We retain your data for as long as your Account is active or you are otherwise accessing and using Vimcal or as needed to provide you Vimcal. We will, for example, periodically de-identify unused Accounts, and we regularly review and de-identify unnecessary data. Note that if you ask us to remove your personal data, we will retain your data as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data about or direct or target interest-based advertising to anyone under the age of 16 or knowingly allow such persons to use or access Vimcal. If you are under 16, please do not send any data about yourself to us, including your name, address, or email address. No one under the age of 16 may provide any personal data. If we learn that we have collected personal data about a child under age 16, we will delete that data as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any data from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us.